View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 03:35 AM   #22538
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Good morning, all! Monday morning, and off to the bike shop for a semi-annual check-up. I have Keemun tea, home-made flatbread with za'attar and olive oil on top to energize me, but the REAL energy boost came when I got on the scale this morning! I planned to bust the 84kg mark this weekend and I did it! 83.4kg! YIPPEE! But... can I reach 82kg before New Years? Hmmmmm..... Push the bar... Push the bar... Push the bar....
Well done. I doubt I'm going to make any futher inroads into my diet, given the time of year, though I do intend to keep up the fasting through the festive period. That will be balanced by days of inevitable over-indulgence, however, so the best I am hoping for is to maintain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
We're about the leave the house to head for my favorite (in the World!) Mexican restaurant for my annual dinner. Tuesday is my birthday, and it's our family tradition that we go to our favorite restaurant for dinner. Unfortunately, my choice is closed tomorrow (Tuesday) so we're going tonight! But fortunately, my favorite restaurant happens to be about 5km from our house! (My wife's favorite is a Turkish restaurant in Singapore, but that's as good a reason as any to go!)

This is also the one night of the year where I allow myself to drink myself stupid with Margaritas. I order a pitcher of frozen Margaritas and usually finish it. My wife is the designated driver who also has to maneuver me to the car. There is a good chance I won't be making my usual early morning post tomorrow...
Happy birthday for Tuesday. It's mine this month too (New Year's Eve Eve), and I too have a history of suffering the next day after making too merry with the libations. So bad, sometimes, that I see New Year in without touching a drink, as I just can't face it . THIS year will be different, however...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote