Thread: PRS-505 PRS505 "bricked"
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 02:18 AM   #6
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
re 2 - how do you tell with an e-ink screen?
re 3 and 4 - with the paperclip pressed in the power-on switch does NOTHING... you have to release the paperclip first. THEN the power/charging light goes solid yellow, the screen shows "Starting Up" after 20 secs, then shortly afterwards the "firmware did not complete" message WHATEVER you do with the Mark and Vol buttons. And the power light flashes yellow every 2 seconds... until you press the paperclip reset button.
If you plug in the PC's USB lead at the stuck-flashing-yellow stage the screen changes to "Updating Firmware now".

There has to be a way !
re2. after one short press of the reset-button, the device is turned off
re3-4: you are right, release reset, then flip the power-switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaenSidhe View Post
It might depend on what PC you're connecting your 505 to. I know that if I tried to connect my 500 to my Windows 7 64 bit PC, it won't be detected by the PC. If you are using a newer PC, try connecting to one with an older OS.
I double that, XP will do fine. (Under Vista/Win7 you might have to disable UAC and run the program as Admin.)

Uppon connect there should be one (1) removeable media dedected with just one file in it "!protected".
At this state run the above mentioned PRS+ uninstaller.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote