View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoc View Post
Can you help me with these:

1. have the older Kindle, and now the Fire. I downloaded a sample book and "bought" some free books from Amazon into the Fire, but they don't 't show up in the older Kindle. I turned on Wireless in both, and clicked on Sync in the Fire. What is going on? (All of my books and underlines which were on the older Kindle went effortlessly onto the Fire). Also, they didn't show up in the Fire if I used Amazon on the computer to download them; I had to control the purchase it from the Kindle Fire.
You can access those books from the Archive on your other Kindles. You need to search for the title of book if your Archive is large.

Quote:
2. Can I use the older charger (from old Kindle), on this new one? It's more compact.
I don't think you can. I'm not sure but I think it's need more power then the old version.

Quote:
3. Sometimes I have to hit the screen several times--sometimes hard--to get it to respond. Is this the way it is, or do I have a faulty one?
I don't have this issue try to clean the screen. Sometimes a dirty screen will cause this or Screen Filter app is use that also causes this. I find light feathery touches work best.

Quote:
4. the Font is tiny in Google and Wikipedia: can anything be done about that?
Do you mean in silk? Double tap on the webpage to zoom in or in Silk's settings you can change the font size as well.

Quote:
5.Can that ridiculous carousel be changed --we don't need at Home to see everything in the cloud.
I wish it could but no we are stuck with it. Hopefully Amazon will fix it. There is a feedback app on the Fire were you can send your feedback directly to Amazon. See this thread here
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote