Thread: ANN: Navigator
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #13
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs View Post
To make it a suitable replacement for ctb in my book it would need the following features:
- update metadata on opening book (lastread entry)
- ability to sort on lastread and lastadded
- ability to make one of the above the default sort method

I realize though this might defeat the purpose of the program, as it was meant to be a replacement for an indexed file browser. So feel free to ignore this. I'm actually quite happy with ctb except for its inefficient use of screen space.
Well, Navigator is a file system based browser, it works over a folder view, so it doesn't have much sense to offer lastread or lastadded sorting by now (ok, unless you store all your books under the same directory in the SD card, but that would be crazy anyway).

Lastread entry is a CTB feature... but maybe we can copy it and have a special folder "last opened items"...
Other long-term ideas include tags-based browsing, so we'll need a virtual folder support for it. Then these last opened or last added views would be easier to implement.

Anyway, I expressed myself wrongly, I didn't mean to make Navigator a CTB replacement, I want to make it a CTB alternative for some types of books browsing.

Thanks for your comments,
Iņigo

Last edited by Iņigo; 07-22-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote