View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #12
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Apple iPad 3 (I have owned many other tablets)
About 15 months ago I started buying cheap tablets from various China vendors. Luckily I never had a real bad experience, but even the best was only mediocre... with the potential of becoming a disaster. The worst for me was waiting three months for an item promised within one month. But, by buying these Shanghai electronics, I became a regular in all the Android forums and learned that bad experiences were the norm, somewhat. (shocking example... Christmas gift which arrived broken and not adequately resolved even by April.)

I have been lucky that prices paid have been so low that each device was resold at a profit.

But another blight stemming from these Chinese merchants is that western resellers are selling imports at much higher prices and quoting the same false facts and figures. (example... Chinese ads love to state phrase "better than an iPad" to tablets which aren't in the same league as an iPad in any form or fashion. Imagine the horror recipients must garner upon trying their new toy!)