Thread: PRS-350 Dead PRS-350?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
h0bbes
h0bbes began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-350
Unhappy Dead PRS-350?

Help! I've almost given up hope of reviving my 2 month-old PRS-350.

I've been a happy user until a week ago, when my reader refused to power on. 2 weeks ago, I left it in standby mode with 3 bars of battery. I was then too busy to read anything until last weekend. I connected it to my PC and to my horror, the indicator light started flashing amber and my PC couldn't detect the reader. Nothing appeared on screen.

I left the reader connected for an hour but the light still flashed amber and the back of the reader was warm, so I disconnected it and plugged it into an AC USB charger, which I have used to charge the 350 with no problems previously. The indicator light turned red so I left it charging for 12 hours, then tried to power it on again to no avail. Poking the reset button for 5 seconds then sliding the power switch was of no use.

I charged the reader via the AC USB charger for another 24 hours and tried resetting it many times but the screen is still dead. When I connect it to my PC, the indicator stays red for the first few minutes, then starts flashing amber. Resetting the reader when it's still connected to the PC also doesn't work.

I don't live in US so I can't send the reader for servicing. Is there any other way to revive my reader? Should I not have left it in standby mode but powered it off completely? I didn't think it would make a huge difference!

I've switched back to using my old PRS-300, which still charged and worked properly even though I abandoned it for 2 months. It's still too slow for my liking but there's no choice. If my 350 is truly dead, I'll live with the 300 until Sony launches the 350 successor.
h0bbes is offline   Reply With Quote