View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 03:39 AM   #21
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Sorry Walt
I thought I was clear that the plugboard didn't work with connect to device
I have tried that multiple times
I can connect to a folder and send the book to the folder/device but the series information is not added.
Uhhh ...
plugboards work fine with books saved via save-to-disk and to the folder device. At least they do for me.
Quote:
The manual says it does not work with connect to device or save to disk, but implies that it uses the save to disk function to do it and the save to disk and folder device are both listed in the drop down menu under plugboards
Actually, the manual says that plugboards don't affect the metadata used in the templates - the parts that make up the file name. Plugboards affect the metadata that is in the books.

Templates and plugboards are used for different things. If you want series information in the title of the book *in the book*, use a plugboard. If you want series information *in the file name*, use a template. If you want the same information in both places, consider creating a composite custom column then using that column in both places.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote