View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 05:00 PM   #5
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
My friend uses a pretty nice golf range finder app on his iPhone 3GS-but for him its not the screen, its the battery life that kills him. Can the EVO last a full 18 holes (3+ hours) on the course? (he thinks its the GPS that is the culprit)
I don't really know, since I can't see the screen in the bright sun I've never used it for a full round. I used to have a Palm Pre, and with the OLED screen it worked pretty well and easily went 18 holes with half the battery left when done. Unfortunately it had too many other issues to keep it.

The golf app I have is Golf Card Pro ($10 on the Android Market), and it is VERY full featured.

I keep GPS and Blutooth on all of the time on the EVO, and normally get more than 12 hours battery time with light to moderate use before it drops below 20%.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote