View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 01:52 PM   #10
DonnaFaz
Connoisseur
DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Kindle
I haven't read Weber's work, but after a bit of research I would conclude that 'kick-ass' Honor would be labeled a SF action-adventure.

Women's fiction is less plot oriented and more character driven. The protagonist has personal problems at the beginning of the story and the main plot threads revolve around the solving of these personal issues. My protagonist is facing divorce, dating, money/work issues and father-daughter problems.

On the other hand, Honor's first goal is to save the Star Kingdom of Manticore. If she faces any emotional issues, they're secondary.

The merry-go-round in my book is a physical contraption, yes, but it also has metaphorical meaning.

Any clearer?

~Donna~
DonnaFaz is offline   Reply With Quote