View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 06:06 PM   #10
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Funny.. Up until my Kindle, I mostly read non-fiction in pbooks. Now nearly 3/4 of the books on my Kindle are fiction. ...
I'm pretty much the same way. Prior to owning a Kindle, practically all my reading was non-fiction. Now about half of the books I read are fiction, and much of that fiction has been written by authors who post here at MobileRead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
When I read non-fiction it tends to be science. ...
Science, religion, history, politics and philosophy are my main interests. Not necessarily in that order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I read for pleasure and for knowledge (the pleasure of knowledge being one of those pleasures ) and feel no guilt in what I read or don't read. The concept of guilt for not reading non-fiction (or classics, or "literature") is one I have some trouble grasping (though please only take this as a lacking in understanding by myself, and not at all as a criticism.
I do sometimes feel guilty over not having read one book or another. There's no reason for it, as no one can possibly read every good book ever written. As Patricia's tagline says, "Of making many books there is no end [Ecclesiastes, 12.12]." Still, sometimes I do.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote