View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 12:40 AM   #15
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by babalou View Post
I have to agree. With Sony 505, it's complicated. Between the other units, I can "share" content. With Sony's proprietary format, this doesn't seem to be possible yet.
So I very often find myself in the situation, for which reader in which format to purchase.
And actually, my decision is a clear indicator for the nonsense called "DRM".
I've dramatically reduced my purchases in Sony's shop, as the .lrx files are rigidly bound to the Sony readers. I very much prefer .azw, .prc or .epub for obvious reasons.
I don't shop at the Sony store at all now. I use to for the 1st 6 months I owned my PRS-505, I bought 99% of my books from Sony 1% Lit from BooksonBoard, now I buy 0% from Sony. I buy all my books from Amazon, BooksonBoard, & CyberRead. I buy .azw, .prc, .lit, .epud in the order stated. I remove the drm and load them on both readers.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote