View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:30 AM   #44
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I did some reading tonight and my first thought was that I don't particularly like the lighted screen at the highest settings. It's not so much about hideous splotches of colour - I just find it too bright. Perhaps the screen might have a bit of a blue tinge with the lighting and particularly in the lower left corner it almost looks like there's a light on the side there that is probably just some sort of bleed. That bothers me a little because my eyes distinguish it when I get to the bottom of each page, but I'm not sure if it's anything to really get upset about.

I read for a couple of hours tonight with the light setting at 12 and I found it quite reasonable.

I loved the "time left..." progress markers and actually it time left in book to get a good feel for whether I should aim for finishing the book tonight. Lovely idea.

For the font I'm using Caecilia with medium line spacing and the widest settings for margins. Seems pretty similar to the last Kindle. Not sure if I'll get terribly experimental with fonts or not - although I liked a font that Jon posted recently.

I like the size and the touch screen. The new interface is pretty nice to use as well.

Battery is going down a bit faster than I'd like, but I'll keep an eye on that. You tend to move around screens alot when you initially get a device. My use may well change quite a bit once I get comfortable with it and the battery may deplete less quickly.

Anyway - so far so good. Although I may have a couple of doubts here and there about the screen, I'm not sure if it's more a case of me being influenced by the reports of others or if I genuinely have some reservations. But I'm not huffing mad at this point, so that's a good sign.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote