View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #14272
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I did not like Forever Peace either and was very surprised when it won a lot of prices. One relatively recent book by Haldeman that I liked a lot is Camouflage.
There can be a problem when an author writes a book which is sequel to an earlier book, but which is completely different in style. I was very disappointed when I first read "Speaker for the Dead" after having read "Ender's Game". I can now read "Speaker for the Dead" and enjoy it as an excellent book in its own right, but at the time I was expecting a true sequel to "Ender's Game" (ie military SF) and so was disappointed.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote