View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 05:43 AM   #23
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
MatthiasR,

As you already have M92, perhaps you know or could test if it is possible to set wide margins, about 2 -2.5 cm each, so that the width of actual text is 9-10 cm or even less.
This is important to me for reading non-pdf books, such as epubs, fb2 and all the rest.
I need to know it before I buy M92.
I may be too sensitive to this issue, but this is because I was shocked after buyng PB902 to find out that it was impossible on PB902! I was able to do it finally, but only after hacking it and installing FBReader180.

Anyway, I really would like a 8" device, not another heavy 9.7".
I do not understand why they are not available (or are they?).
The screen size of 8" would be exactly the same as a paperback page.
It is the most natural thing in the world to manufacture 8" readers.

And to reduce the dimensions of the device, how about making the frame around the screen just 2.5 mm or so wide? Instead, the reader does not have to be 9 mm thick. It could be 2.5 cm (an inch) thick like a real book to accommodate that small footprint.

Last edited by parkher; 02-16-2012 at 06:07 AM.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote