View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 09:25 AM   #39
msundman
Zealot
msundman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.msundman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.msundman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: FBReader on Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by msundman View Post
I don't think partial updates should be implemented in software distributed to app devs. As I already wrote in #32, which you should have read before replying, I thought the new controller implemented higher level stuff such as menus. The partial update stuff should have been in the controller from the beginning.
In #24, you quoted my "It would be very beneficial if the controller supported arbitrary sub-area refreshes, and a few of those areas in parallel perhaps. [...] Perhaps some of the functionality is already in the current hardware." and replied "And my point was that of course those features are beneficial, but they should be implemented in software first (and that they should have been implemented in software years ago).".
You are right.
The only thing that would make sense of my reply in #24 would be that I didn't read carefully enough what I replied to, and that I was too caught up with thinking about higher level functions. I don't usually make mistakes like that, but it seems I made several in this thread. (I really shouldn't partake in discussions at the end of 18h workdays; if I'm mentally too tired to code then I should realize I'm also unfit for discussions.)
msundman is offline   Reply With Quote