View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyash View Post
I'm running v 0.7.1, and I also find that Calibre is very CPU intensive, sometimes taking up 50% of the CPU. My system is noticeably faster after I close down Calibre.
If calibre is just sitting there it uses essentially 0% cpu just like any other idle process. If you go to fetch news, convert a book, or any other calibre activity it does use all the cpu it needs or is allowed. In theory if you go under Preferences and change job priority to low its processes should run more in the background allowing other processes top billing.

Add to this change by starting calibre (I use Windows XP) with the belownormal switch as placed in the attached batch file mostly created by itimpi and calibre will no longer slow your machine down.
Attached Files
File Type: bat CalibreRun2.bat (4.0 KB, 288 views)
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote