View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 02:40 AM   #44
derangedhermit
Addict
derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by CazMar View Post
I don't think I want novels to be "interactive" unless it's just a map or a plan (which was probably included in printed books), otherwise they just become poor imitations of movies or computer games. Concentrate on the writing! But for text books the field could be wide open - built in exercises, visual content with demonstrations of experiments, artwork, photos. The possibilities are endless and editors or this type of book really need to think outside the square. At the moment I haven't seen much that grabs me.
I think I agree very much with this. With narrative stories, the content (the author's output) will need to remain the overwhelming focus.

For textbooks, repair manuals, and other similar works, then a lot more changes may be beneficial and expected.
derangedhermit is offline   Reply With Quote