View Single Post
Old 12-20-2022, 08:23 AM   #9
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugaor View Post
RbnJrg, thanks for sharing your code. I'm going to try it out carefully.

—Google Play Books (not in your list) is almost a must for our student audience, often with Android tablets/phones, who prefer its notes and multi-device sync capabilities. Sadly, your recommended order prevents the page jump from working. My idea of using @supports is to "hide" that part, so GPB only uses the first page-break.

—In the apps I have been able to test it seems redundant to use -webkit-column-break in addition to the canonical break (see PDF table).
Please can you point me which applications/readers require the former as mandatory?
Oh, would that we ALL had a big-ass list like that, which told us the minute requirements for each and every bloody software (or hardware) reader out there! That's why most of us who have formatting businesses simply own 10-15 devices and we test. That's about all you can do.

Moreover, the apps are constantly updated, so something that's correct on Monday may not be on Tuesday and so on.

At my shop, we tell folks that we'll guarantee the work on the major physical devices--Kindle, Nook, iOS Books app, Kobo--and NOT on software readers, for that very reason. I was once driven nearly bonkers by someone who wanted something to display a certain way in something like MoonReader and I put paid to that after that book.

But, good luck with it.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote