View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
arman68
arman68 shines like a glazed doughnut.arman68 shines like a glazed doughnut.arman68 shines like a glazed doughnut.arman68 shines like a glazed doughnut.arman68 shines like a glazed doughnut.arman68 shines like a glazed doughnut.arman68 shines like a glazed doughnut.arman68 shines like a glazed doughnut.arman68 shines like a glazed doughnut.arman68 shines like a glazed doughnut.arman68 shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: none
Why are ebooks so expensive?

So far I have been reading ebooks either from public domain or borrowed from libraries with overdrive. I also buy paperbooks.

Recently, I thought I would switch to buying ebooks instead of paperbooks. However, I was disgusted to find that ebooks are the same price, or more expensive than their paper counterpart! And on top of that, they are defective with DRM.

Common sense dictates that they should be half the price or less than a paperbook. Ideally, a paperbook should also come with a free ebook version if available.

Why is the pricing so wrong? Are publishers trying to prevent ebooks from taking off?
arman68 is offline   Reply With Quote