View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 04:10 AM   #9
Jarulf
Connoisseur
Jarulf began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story hd, Nexus 4, Nexus 7
I haven been using my Story HD happily since I got it, I even got a new one when I dropped my first one and it fell face down.

I got a Nexus 7 in December and, while it's a great device it's too heavy for reading on for any extended period of time for me. I also kept turning pages inadvertently. I do prefer e-ink as well
Then I got a Nexus 4 a couple of days ago, never intending to use it for reading. But on a whim I tried (we just got Google Books here in Sweden) and I loved it. It's light-weight and I can hold it in one hand at just the right distance for it to be comfortable. I have problems with my arms and hands so I'm sort of picky about that

My main irritation at the moment is Google Books (which doesn't work on the Swedish version of the iriver HD) which doesn't sort by Lastname, First name which is how my entire Calibre library is set up. Searching is all very well, but sometimes I want to browse and then I vastly prefer that order. I hope I am missing a setting somewhere, but doubt it.

Will I give up the iriver for the N4? Not sure yet, we'll see after my period of new-gadget-infatuation is over

Last edited by Jarulf; 08-10-2013 at 04:13 AM.
Jarulf is offline   Reply With Quote