View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #93
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
Actually I'm making an FB2 version (my preferred format), but I can try my hand at ePub. Somebody above asked for where the text was, so I did a quick look and provided a link. Be warned any version I create will not be anywhere near as beautiful as the illustrated 'Three Men In A Boat' provided by this thread!
seems like an excellent reason to try your hand at epub to me. you should be able to make an excellent book with sigil, and if you need any help at all please don't hesitate to ask, we've got some real experts around here !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Just loaded this onto my newly acquired Nook.

Very nice book. Amazing what you can do with a bit of work.

Thanks Zelda...
i'm very glad you like it, jgaiser ! it's one of my favourite books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa1956 View Post
I haven't read the book nor checked for errors. (I see you've gotten along without my "help")
This is beautifully formatted. I love the fonts, dropcaps, and the way text flows around the illustrations. Well done, brilliant!
This is the sort of thing I am looking for in eBooks.
i agree poppa, it's great to see that you can really make some beautifully formatted books en epub. and just think, as the format evolves and reading systems are perfected, we'll be able to make even more beautiful books... can't wait !

Quote:
Originally Posted by troymc View Post
This ebook truly is a work of art.

Has anyone seen an epub of Alice in Wonderland with the Tenniel illustrations that is this high quality?

If not, I may try to create one.

Troy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
There's this and this

I don't know about the quality, though. I can tell you they don't have the text wrapped around pictures because I didn't find a really portable solution (something that would work in large and small screens, portrait and landscape...).
troy, thank you so much for the compliment. i'm so glad you like this book. as for your question, i would highly recommend any book by jellby as extra high quality. jellby is the king of epub. but i would love to see any epub books you try your hand at, so please don't hesitate to share with us !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote