View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMSeattle View Post
Thanks for replying, but I suppose my question was what text should I enter in the extra tags text box in order to update the author or any other tag.
I've tried author='authorname' and author:'authorname', but neither works.
Can you please elaborate.
Thanks,
-Mike
"Author" isn't a "tag," it's a field in the database. You can add the author's name to the tags, but that doesn't change the author field in the db. The extra tags box just contains a comma separated list of tags you want added.

You also can't "update" tags. Tags are simply words/char strings separated by commas. They either are or are not in that list. They don't have contents the way database fields do.

Your real question is how to control what gets entered into the author field. The default author is "calibre" and if there is a control to change that, I don't know where it is located.

Last edited by Starson17; 04-05-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote