View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 07:07 PM   #29
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
It's not written in C. And note that FBInk, along with many other tools by many other people, is written in C.
I know it's not written in C, and I know that C is a necessary evil thing. I'm just joking dude.

Quote:
And, you'd find speed an issue if you often make bulk changes to books and factory reset Kobos often to test things.
I don't do bulk changes to books, I don't know why someone should do that, and if you reset Kobo but you have kepubs in Calibre, you'll restore them in minutes. You have described on the contrary a defect of your program.

Quote:
Calibre does more parsing/reencoding than kepubify. And, many of the transformations are made by specific regexps (it's better to miss a bit than to break the book).
I don't know the source code of Calibre or the one of KoboTouchExtended, but I see much options that let you do the reparsing, and they are all disabled by default.

Quote:
note that the entire Kobo firmware is written in C++.
Of course, you can't write firmware code in Java or Python. Maybe in Rust.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote