View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 02:20 PM   #21
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
When it's merely a matter of styling, sure I'm right with you. But when some readers completely refuse to display images over a certain pixel count, it's harder to wash our hands of the issue.
For what I'm doing, public domain books uploaded here, I'm trying to anticipate the lowest common denominator and assuming the worst, and trying to make books that look reasonably nice but are no-frills. Meaning no fun stuff like images and embedded fonts. I also want to keep them as slim as possible since I'm combining books; for example a series.

So the only image is the cover. But what pixel count should I know about to avoid? I'm totally clueless about what's a good size to make the cover images.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote