View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 04:37 AM   #2
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I'll bet it comes down to simple economics. My guess is that a Mini and a Glo probably cost nearly the same to build with the exception of the slightly larger front lit screen and external sdhc card socket on the Glo. If that is a relatively small difference then they make a lot more off a Glo than they do a Mini. If they're still making the Touch(?), and all the newer devices are front lit, it begs the question of how many lower end non lighted devices they need and that having two very similar devices except for screen size requires a larger expenditure to get batches made in quantity and probably just fragments their product line and costs them more to keep.

All that said, if they came out with a front lit Mini at a price point between the mini and the Glo I'd probably be in line for one -my guess is they make more money on the Glo or Aura at nearly the same size.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote