View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 10:16 AM   #59
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
If we can come up with a format that's acceptable to the mods, then I'm happy with that. I can see gmw's point that a separate discussion on Google+ is a whole other thing we need to keep up with.
Yes, and as gmw said, there is no better way to discuss the art of writing, editing and self-publishing in this forum than actually doing it.

Quote:
Can we clarify the proposal? I think we're saying the following:

1. This thread continues to handle the admin side of putting the anthology together.
2. We create (just) one separate thread that will handle the comments for all the stories in the review phases.
Yes, but the other thread could also be used to ask for help while writing, obviously.

Quote:
Any text quoted from a story, or reference to a character or plot point, is wrapped in spoiler tags.
You'd even want to spoiler-tag single names, locations, and events? Maybe that's a bit much. I'd say that giving away a name here and there, or a hint of an event is not that big of a problem; it might actually keep people following the thread.

Quote:
Where something looks like it's triggering an abstract discussion about craft or style this is immediately split off into a separate Writers' Corner thread where it can be discussed in detail without reference to the original story.
If the mods are willing to do that splitting on request, I have no problem with that.

Quote:
We also need to check with a mod whether it's acceptable to refer to the stories by their titles or whether we need to use phrases such as "Graham's Fantasy Story".
I'd just refer to it as "Graham's Fantasy Story". I wouldn't reveal the titles until the end, because that could be a big spoiler.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote