View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 09:56 AM   #53
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I must admit that I thought this was what you had in mind at the start. I'm not that keen adding yet another "forum" to participate on, I have trouble keeping up with what I've got. Of course the difficulty will be making sure we stay on the right side of the MR rules, but if we can do it, then I really thought that was the original idea.

There are lots of other writers's circles we could choose to join if we just wanted to join a conventional writing group, there would be no need to create a separate one. Whereas if we can make this something that is both interesting and educational for writers on this subforum then that would seem, to me, to be ideal. But if we have to remove ourselves too much from here then it will not longer really seem like an MR anthology.
Interesting. I'd actually not thought of it that way. If I understand you, you're saying that we'd expose the detail of the review, critique and editing within the Writers' Forum. There would necessarily be spoilers that way, but later on readers could access both the anthology and the threads that show the way it developed and the choices made within the stories.

As you say, we'd need to understand the MR rules position on that. It would seem to fall foul of the self-promotion guidelines. It also seems a little beyond the stated purpose of Writers' Corner:

Quote:
A place to discuss the art, craft, and business of writing and (self-) publishing.
Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote