View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #50
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Are you proposing a Google+ Circle that is private to the authors of the anthology, so we can chat and post messages, and only use dropbox to store the stories in progress?
Yes. (Actually in Google+ parlance we'd have a private Google Community, and we could each create a Google Circle to hold the other authors in the team.)

Quote:
We could use this thread (the one we're in now) for organisational purposes, and create another with regard to the writing and editing. It's possible to tell an author:

"I saw you doing X, around the passage where Y happens..."

Then it could be discussed, giving people who are following the thread a tiny glimpse into the story (a name, a location...), and a glimpse of the writing and editing process as well, without spoiling the entire story. It might be interesting.
I'm not sure about this. It would be hard to avoid spoilers this way. I think that sort of activity should happen off MobileRead, and new threads started in Writers' Corner where a particular item of interest arises that could be discussed in abstract.

Quote:
If we manage to find 10 or more people and/or agree on more words per author, it could be that the anthology becomes 400-500 pages. In that case, I wouldn't mind having one very large short story in there somewhere.
A danger of increasing the word count is that our writing has more room to sprawl. Editing to keep within a smaller limit should lead to tighter, more readable results.

I also suspect that if we want people to read the anthology, keeping it down to about 80,000 words would be ideal. Some of that could also be a foreword and perhaps a short piece by each author about the process. I think these could be of real interest to the MR readers.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote