View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 03:38 AM   #11
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
If there is a problem with database manipulation speed regarding so many titles, perhaps they'll wise up and go to the directory based management model, or allow you to choose a directory on external SDHC cards and just process it instead of the entire contents of the SDHC. I know they'd need to incorporate a simple file browser, or folder selection, but that shouldn't be a big deal to implement. I imagine allowing the user to save by whichever folder naming criteria they like as now, but selectively opening that folder and that section of the database(built over time only as needed) and only processing that section of the database would speed things up considerably?

Personally, I'd be quite happy with having to save ebooks by category for a speed upgrade, but I can see how it might not be as well received for someone looking to cross reference books across multiple genres. Granted, it would not allow for multiple tag type sorting/storage without requiring a full database, but one could be built up over time as folders are accessed or all at once as now, but selectively at the user's choice if they did a big transfer and wanted them all processed now.

I can see the benefit if one is looking to store a ton of books and drag them wherever they go without having to endure the overhead of processing a ton of books RIGHT NOW, if the database must be rebuilt or the reader factory reset.

Does that make sense? It's really just a speed, convenience factor, but with the same eventual utility as the database is built up either by opening each main level folder or telling the reader to do it all at once as it is now.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote