View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
kobo mini with 4993 WORKS -YIPPEEEEE.HOW I DID IT

i read a thread how some poor soul put 2 or 3 thousand books on to a kobo mini and it just became a paper weight prone to freezing,etc.

i tried it also.

it was freezing constantly.

this proves linux is just as rubbish as windows when handling large number of files.

also the programmers are a bit stupid as well as the kobo should be working from a master index file table only and rendering the actual file only when it is actually called for.

dumb programmers.

-------------------------

anyway.

i deleted all mobi/epub files in kobo folders.

what i did was just SIDE LOAD RTF AND DOC AND TEXT files only.

i also deleted all image files and dict files and already parsed files from the kobo folders.

i.e a clean slate.

then dumped the rtf,txt,,doc files in the kobo mini.

and voila! i have 4993 text,rtf,doc books in my kobo mini and it does NOT FREEZE anymore.

this is not for people who want to look at book covers ,etc.

i suppose you could put a small number of mobi/epub files as well like 100 but AFTER a 100 books IT WILL START TO SLOW DOWN as others have testified and start to freeze.

what do you think?

Last edited by vugtitan; 05-20-2013 at 05:26 PM.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote