View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #29
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai771 View Post
If I could trouble you some more, I'd like to ask you to check if my instructions for starting it up using cr3runner are valid. I have no idea if it would work. I think it's very important for people who are not as savvy as you are to have a simple way to make it run.
Sorry, I don't use cr3runner. I only use kite.

Quote:
You can make font choice global. When you choose "Set document font as default", the current font will be saved as default font and used for new documents that you open (the ones that were not opened with LBR before). However, only the font is saved. Font size and line spacing are not. This is how KPV handles it. I'm not really familiar with it, there might be some reason why it is this way (like, idk, maybe it uses values specified in epub/fb2 files?). But I'll look into it eventually, and try to make it configurable.
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of having info always on, but I do agree with you that going to menu -> Info is pretty slow. I did actually want to implement a shortcut for it, something like keyboard key, then up - but since I don't have K4NT, I couldn't test that and don't know if it will work, so I decided to stick to keys that I can test for the initial release. If you don't mind testing some more things, there are other things I'd like to put on K4NT specific shortcuts. (There are a lot of key shortcuts for K3, since it has a lot of keys . I'm saying this because I think you're unfamiliar with KPV, since you don't have K3, judging by the Device field under your name.)

Up/down are used for panning. Maybe some other combination would also work (keyboard - left/right? keyboard - pg_fwd/pg_bck?). Can someone tell me if keyboard key on K4NT can be used as modifier key (like alt)? Probably not, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Is it just like any other normal key, that returns code 29?
I haven't used KPV before.
I think libreratot does not use next keys on K4NT: "keyboard", "left", right", "enter", "home".

I miss these actions & keybindings: next/prev chapter, toggle_fullscreen (= toggle_infobar)

Quote:
Yeah, I see what you mean. It doesn't look nice, but still, nothing is missing. You don't really need to read the last line on the screen, that isn't fully visible. When you press pg_fwd, that line will be fully visible on top of the screen. It may be helpful to also turn on overlap to help you find the line boundary easier (it's off by default in LBR). This is how KPV handles rendering of the page. As stated earlier, LBR is a fork of KPV. Meaning that it practically is KPV with a different user interface. I'm not really a developer, I'm just a noob. Really. Some changes to the user interface is the best I can do. Handling of page rendering, caching and all that serious stuff is out of my league. I do agree with you that it would be better to have only fully visible lines, but I'm afraid I can't do anything about it.
No problems, it's really impressive what you (and original developers, of course) have already achieved.

Thanks again for your work,
Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote