Thread: Oh the irony...
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 04:07 PM   #72
Raphi'Elohim
Banned
Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: NOOK Glowlight plus 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
People tend to think in terms of what they want to pay, not in terms of what a product or service actually costs. In general, I suspect that a lot of people live from paycheck to paycheck and any unexpected expense causes an emotional reaction. They literally don't have the money to pay for it. That's one reason we have payday lenders. I worked one summer in a filling station. (for those younger readers, we actually use to have places where you both bought gas and had your car worked on). There was more than one car that sat in the back for a week or so until the owner scrapped enough money together to pay for the repair.
I am computer system administrator of servers and networks I make 6 figures a year but being such I am extremely mathematically minded. I can afford to pay for the book but it makes no sense why a static around $3 dollar knockoff from a physical book to an eBook should not scale percentage wise when you start paying $50 to $100 per book. Once the first ebook is generated it cost almost nothing to replicate it they are extremely cheap for the manufacturer.

Why should a $15 dollar book have a $3 dollar knockoff for a $13 ebook but that percentage should not scale to more of savings as you go up to $50 dollar books ? it makes no sense mathematically.

If you go to a store and it has a certain static percentage sale on items the more you pay for an item the more the discount will be.

Last edited by Raphi'Elohim; 08-08-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Raphi'Elohim is offline   Reply With Quote