View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 03:28 AM   #214
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodeity View Post
Just joined although I've had my glo a couple months now.
How about I start off by asking if there is a firmware download page? The WiFi update system isn't very intuitive. I don't leave my WiFi on for power saving. When I do turn it on, I can't tell if it's updating or not. Plus it seems to cut out all the time.
If you get an update pushed to you through Wifi, you'll notice. It downloads for a while, and then tells you "New firmware! Update now or later?" Hitting now will make your Glo restart and update. Hitting later will make it wait, but it will update next time you switch your Glo off and on again (sleep doesn't trigger update).

There is no firmware download page from Kobo. Manually updating is not officially supported. However, it is possible, and there is a download thread in these forums: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185660

The instructions on how to up- and downgrade are described a few posts down (for the Touch, but they also work for the Glo). Note that for downgrading, a factory reset is not always necessary (I never do it, some people always do it).
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote