View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #22512
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Anyway, I had my first PT session today and it went fine. My therapist apologized that the stretches to work on frozen shoulder are very painful, but it wasn't that bad. I just have to do my exercises at home twice a day, and hopefully I'll see some good improvement.
Betty, this may sound strange to you, but have you tried visualization along with your exercises? 'Seeing' the connective tissue inside your shoulder 'relaxing' itself, or stretching itself out. Imagining, or rather envisioning the healing process. Actually forming a picture in your mind of it loosening up. As weird as this may sound to you, it actually works very well. And it doesn't require any real anatomy images to be effective. Even cartoon-type images will work. Or imagining little teeny masseuses running around inside your shoulder massaging and making it feel better. It can be a bizarre a visualization as you'd like and still be effective. THIS DOES NOT TAKE THE PLACE OF THE ACTUAL PHYSICAL EXERCISE. It just makes it work better and faster. And the more often you do the visualization, the faster the healing process. Even the American Cancer Society endorses the use of visualization for recovery!

Visualization works in all facets of action. You can see the Olympic athletes doing this just as they step up to the bar. They are visualizing themselves going through their routines perfectly, 'seeing' themselves achieving their goal. It works.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote