View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #19
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46jimbo View Post

So this new 'innovation' has just recently been created for Glo owners.
Not really: this was introduced with one of the new firmware versions. I forget which one exactly, but I complained loudly when the change was made. Whether or not the touch works after a factory reset will depend on when it was made, and what version of the firmware was pre-loaded in the rescue partition.

Kobo doesn't really lock down the device though. There are instructions in the Direct Download Thread (Kobo developer forum) for faking a registration, if that's what you want. I'm only speculating, but I suspect this change was motivated by a large of number of calls to tech support with people unable to open their purchased books after having skipped registration.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote