View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 03:26 PM   #31284
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Our lawyer called back today and she was appalled that after sixteen weeks the judge hasn't replied to our letter. She suspects that it's a case of it'll go away if I ignore it long enough. She's going to write a letter. Luckily my mother kept a log of when she called, who she spoke to and what was said.

To clarify: this isn't a court case. This is the judge overseeing my uncle's curatorship of my grandmother. After many delays (my grandmother died in January 2016) the judge wanted him to send in his final report. My dad and aunt, as heirs, have to sign off on that report, or not. Both my father and aunt won't, because of my uncle's fraudulent behavior and because of mistakes and wrong decisions, in our opinion, the judge made. If we sign it would be harder to take action in future if we wanted to. And we probably will, at least going after my uncle because of fraud. All contact with the court/judge was not through lawyers. Though every letter we have send was checked by our lawyer first.

After our lawyer has written a letter we'll have to wait and see what happens. If the judge doesn't react soon we're probably going to send in a complaint to the court and/or ombudsman.

To be continued...
AH-HAH, I get it. Estates. Yup, Estate administration and Probate judges can be real PITA's. Seriously, no matter what country you're in.

He's probably hoping that you'll either sort it out, or, as you said, he's awaiting the final ruling (or lack of appeal) on the other case. That would simplify his job significantly.

Otherwise, he's forced to work through everything you've given him, to determine whether or not your uncle DID defraud the estate, and that's a real box of worms.

Yup, I get it now. My sympathies--I've dealt with estate admins before, and yes, indeedy--major pain.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote