View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 10:56 AM   #13
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I don't pay any attention to Oprah -- in fact, I've never seen her show (of course, her show would be very low on my list to consume the hour of TV a year I watch) -- but I view her recommendations like I view the recommendations of the book reviewers whose columns I read: if the book appears to be interesting, I'll read it; otherwise, I ignore it. In Oprah's case I can't say that I have ever read any of the "modern" novels she has recommended. I rarely read nonfiction, with the exception of SciFi/Fantasy and some of the "classics"; most of my reading is nonfiction.

Here is something to think about -- at least those of us who read nonfiction and are in our downside of the life cycle: Why read to expand our knowledge when soon it won't make any difference what we know or don't know?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote