View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 04:21 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
When the kobo is still plugged into the computer and viewed through calibre all is well. Until I try and delete anything off it
I had hoped to delete all the books that way then add one by one the ones I want to read first.
However when I try and delete more than 1 at a time the pc screen freezes for 3 or 4 minutes before it deletes.
Even deleting one book does the same
That is basically the problem I have
Does this happen when you send a book to the device? I do see a few seconds freeze in calibre after an update to the device, but not for that amount of time.

The delete from calibre removes the books and cover images. Plus it deletes some rows in the database. There is a possibility the database is corrupt and causing the hang. The Kobo Utilities plugin has an option to check the database. Can you download and install that in calibre? Then run the check. It is under the "Database" menu. If the result says "Ok", the database is OK. If it says anything else, then the database is corrupt.
Quote:
Also can you tell me how I can stop it importing some kobo books I don't want on it now when I sync. Don't want to lose them Just don't want them on my kobo.
There are two options. You can delete the book on the device. This will remove it and tell the server not to sync the book. To get it again, you go to the Kobo site and look in your library there. You can also "Archive" the book. This removes the file, but keeps the info about it on the device. You can download it again later by tapping on the book in the library list.

You can also do this through the desktop app with the device connected. And trying this might be a good idea. If this has trouble communicating with the device, then it says the problem is the device or the USB connection. If it doesn't have problems, it looks like a calibre issue.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote