View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 06:28 PM   #50
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
...I also think the phrase "emotionally driven" is a loaded term tending to be used to disparage woman writers...
I think your reference in that manner to my use of that phrase is rather of an insult. You do not know me at all and to make such an assumption of me is pretty unfortunate in my opinion.

Perhaps you did not notice that I made special effort to point out about Clark's book that she is also quite expansive on the role of women and their vulnerability in work at the time. Nor perhaps are you aware that the full title and subtitle of Clark's book is Radium Girls~Women and Industrial Health Reform 1910-1935.

So the book I have read, and obviously from my comments have a lot of respect for, is written by a woman with an emphasis on women in industry, yet you think I am using "a loaded term tending to be used to disparage woman writers" when referring to Moore's book. Clark does not while writing her book, however, fall into the sexist tribal hole that you may have.

Last edited by AnotherCat; 05-20-2018 at 06:30 PM.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote