View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #36
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
I see now Kaz that you did get the implications of the films actions, you were just more subtle and not a loud mouth like me.

SPOILER ALERT! You can read the below by highlighting it. It is written in white font.

I guess the one change that was startling, and more difficult to take is the relationship between Uhura and Spock. The events Nero set in place should not have effected Spock in that way. And seems to violate Pon Farr, but then I may be over playing the significance of Pon Farr in Vulcan relationships. After all, Spock's mother Amanda is a Human, and she and Sarek obviously have a relationship outside of the Vulcan Pon Farr season.

In any event a great movie. I am going to see it again!
Donnageddon - That was ingenious!! White font?! I wish I had thought to do that. What you wrote was the part I liked least about the movie and I had the same reaction and thought processes that you had. Also being extremely sentimental, I was very upset about Spock's loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
I think my favourite character was Dr 'Bones' McCoy. They made him a pretty feisty angry/grumpy young fellow. Just like I imagined him as a young man!
I thoroughly enjoyed that character and thought the actor nailed it perfectly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
I might throw up on you

Actually I agree, great character. I thought the portrayal of Spock in the movie was pretty good too. Except for that Leonard Nimoy guy. He just doesn't get the character.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote