View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 02:41 AM   #797
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I love Jayne Ann Krentz. Since she's been publishing since 1979 her backlist is filled with a large variety of subgenres. So even if you don't like the first of her books you try, I'd give her multiple chances.

She's was writing futuristic paranormal romance before it had a label (and has often joked it nearly killed her writing career being so far ahead of the curve. The lack of sales originally for her futuristic Lost Colony series is what led to her publishing historicals under the Quick penname).

As much as I do enjoy her current Arcane series, my favorites are her straight contemps from the 90s written as Jayne Ann Krentz, her early, one-word title historicals as Amanda Quick and the Psynergy trilogy and early World of Harmony/Ghost Hunter books as Jayne Castle.

Many of her Harlequin books are dated, but I enjoyed most of the ones written for Silhouette as Stephanie James moreso than the Harlequin Temptations as JAK (though I have not read her complete backlist yet).

On another note, I've got 3 more full length books plus 3 novellas (and her website short stories) to go in the Psy-Changeling series.
I totally agree with you in JAK. I'm rereading "Sweet Starfire" now... and finding relations with Harmony. It's a pity I have no Singh's book to discover... till Tuesday. I've been reading her Psy and Guild (although I don't like vampires a lot) since the beginning and I still enjoy her books.