View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #13
EltaninPub
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Have you got anywhere in making the series available to people outside the US who use ePub readers?
As with many technology projects, our new website is taking longer than we expected to become functional - including a way to buy the ebooks online directly from us.

For now, though it is much less automated, if you have a Paypal account, you can log in and send payment ($0.99 per Oz book) to info@eltaninpublishing.com and specify in the message which ebooks you are purchasing. We will then email you the DRM-free ePub versions. It's not instant, though - you have to wait until we check email and see the order. We will assume it is ePub that you want, since the mobi format is available on Amazon (though due to price-matching complications, each book may be priced more than $0.99 on your country's amazon page. If that's the case, feel free to use paypal instead and just specify whether you want ePub or mobi). But if you are in the US and want mobi, we do prefer you buy from Amazon.

Another option is to buy the mobi from Amazon and convert it yourself to ePub using Calibre. That's actually how I create our ePubs, and the only settings change is that I check off "do not add detected chapters to table of contents" because otherwise you might get duplicate entries in the TOC, and I check off "maintain cover aspect ratio".

Finally, The Emerald City of Oz is taking a little longer than expected, but should be available soon.