View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 03:27 AM   #17
Snuffi
Addict
Snuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Pro 612, Bookeen Cybook Gen3
Yes, I check the spam folder regularly because on my other account some newsletters get marked as potential spam. Interestingly I hardly ever receive spam on my GMail account (like a couple per month as opposed to a couple per day on the other account) which might mean that Google is probably deleting more spam than my other account.

Generally I say, though, that it is unlikely that Google deletes mail from companies like bookeen outright instead of putting it in the spam folder, I'd rather think that bookeen uses some service provider for their spam filters from which they get their black lists. Usually those black lists are rather strict and if a lot of spam comes from a certain domain they put the entire domain on the black list automatically and it might take a while till it is dropped again. As there are so many GMail users there's a good chance that at any given time there is *someone* spamming.

So basically the best approach would be to send every mail parallel from two accounts. The problem is that that is not only impolite (they get swamped by multiple mails) it might also actually increase your chance to get marked as spam as two exact same mails from different addresses are usually a good indicator that there's something wrong with that mail. So, either way you do it's wrong :-)
Snuffi is offline   Reply With Quote