View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 12:47 AM   #14
DavidRM
Addict
DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
How I motivate myself to write in the time I have allotted for writing is, more or less, to start writing. I begin. Then I continue on.

How do I motivate myself to begin? I realize I'm delaying, and stop.

It helps that I set aside this time and set this goal. It helps if I want to write the story. It helps that I want to finish the damn thing.

I've never been sure what people want to hear when they ask for my motivations to do something. I like doing something, I do it. I don't like doing something, I tend to stop (unless forced to continue doing it; e.g., paying taxes).

I don't fear failure so much as I fear wasting my time. If I think I'm wasting my time, I tend to stop. Even if it's something I like doing, if it starts seeming pointless, the gears gum up and the machine comes to rest.

-David
DavidRM is offline   Reply With Quote