View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 02:51 AM   #25
BaenSidhe
Groupie
BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500 and PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
I have no issue with people putting thousands of ebooks on their reader and only ever reading or partially reading a fraction of them before they die of old age. Though I take it most of them are gutenburg etc.
At one ebook a week thats only about 50 a year. I know some people speed read through 2 or 3 a week but that still only 100 -150 a year. I have ebooks of most genres(non-fiction, thriller, mystery, comedy, historical etc) on my reader in that 200 ebooks selection so I can always find something for the mood I'm in.
This really depends on the person. Atypical me, I can finish one in one to two days. If I'm reading Harlequins on a weekend, I can do three a day. So your 200 books might last me half a year. Plus, I love to re-read books that I like. Maybe not the entire book, but at least certain scenes, if not most of the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
The obvious question is WHY !
I have ~450 books in my reader and never delete them unless I really hate the book just so I can reread them whenever I want. And I like to keep the date stamp so deleting it after I finish and adding it back when I want to reread isn't for me. (I don't even really want to reformat the reader to see if one of my books is corrupted and causing the long load time since that will lose the date stamp. Kinda sorta silly, I know, but I want it. )

Different strokes for different folks.
BaenSidhe is offline   Reply With Quote