View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 05:04 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I think the pages left should = 0 when you are on the last page of a chapter because that shouldn't include the current page.

You do not have more pages to read when you are reading the last page. Pages left are the pages not yet turned to!

| | | |

How many matches and spaces?

On a paper book if there are 342 pages and you are on page 341 are there two pages left or one? You subtract current page from number of pages because you already see current page even if you have not started reading it. And how is the ereader software to know if you have read the entire page and thinking about it before turning the page?
With a pBook of 342 pages and you turn the page and are now at 341, you have two pages to read. So if I am on the last page of a chapter, I have 1 page left to read before I move on to the next chapter/section/end the book. I also have 1 page left to turn to move on from the end of the chapter.

If the chapter has 16 pages, when I am on the first page of the chapter, I know I have 16 pages to read. If thelast page of the chapter was to show as 0, I would see 15 at the start of the chapter and unless I remembered to do the math, I would be off by one page.

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-19-2021 at 05:06 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote