View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 12:18 PM   #43
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
I think you have beautifully encapsulated this wonderful novel. Yes, it is a love story and one which embodies struggle and—in the end—a recognition that love exists as an act of faith and one that is basic to the human condition. There is not necessarily any “reward” beyond embracing its necessity to give meaning to our struggles.

BTW, I found the audio reading by Donald Sutherland very effective.
Thanks, I appreciate the comment. As for Sutherland, I wasn't sure after listening to the sample. I'm always reluctant to spend an entire audible credit on a 2 1/2 hour book, but the member buying price is just above what I'd be willing to not use a credit on.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote