View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 07:22 PM   #99
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I see that there are indeed individual subscriptions available for Lightroom and Photoshop, but I don’t know why anybody would pay that when the Creative Cloud Photography Plan, which gets you both Photoshop and Lightroom, costs £99.99 a year (or £9.99 a month). Similar dollar price in the US. Ie considerably cheaper than the individual subscription for either product!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adobe-Creat.../dp/B00LSU8PYO

I used to buy the standalone version of Lightroom, but now I’m actually spending less on the subscription than I used to on the annual updates, and now I’ve got Photoshop too. I don’t use Photoshop that often (Lightroom is much more productive for 99% of photo editing tasks), but PS is occasionally useful to have.

If you’re an active photographer you have to keep up with updates because camera manufacturers change the camera RAW format with each new model, so if you replace your camera you need to have a version of LR/PS which can read that camera’s RAW files.
I can't even imagine upgrading my camera that often. I'm purely an amateur photographer. I do mostly sports and outdoor/backpacking photography. I like small, easy and not heavy. My sister is the professional photographer. I'll have to ask her what she uses. She's got a windows laptop as her main photo editing machine. I'm sure I will whimper when she tells me how much it cost.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote