View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 10:38 AM   #98
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Lightroom and photoshop are good examples. The subscription to Lightrooom is $200 a year and Photoshop is $240 a year.
I see that there are indeed individual subscriptions available for Lightroom and Photoshop, but I don’t know why anybody would pay that when the Creative Cloud Photography Plan, which gets you both Photoshop and Lightroom, costs £99.99 a year (or £9.99 a month). Similar dollar price in the US. Ie considerably cheaper than the individual subscription for either product!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adobe-Creat.../dp/B00LSU8PYO

I used to buy the standalone version of Lightroom, but now I’m actually spending less on the subscription than I used to on the annual updates, and now I’ve got Photoshop too. I don’t use Photoshop that often (Lightroom is much more productive for 99% of photo editing tasks), but PS is occasionally useful to have.

If you’re an active photographer you have to keep up with updates because camera manufacturers change the camera RAW format with each new model, so if you replace your camera you need to have a version of LR/PS which can read that camera’s RAW files.

Last edited by HarryT; 06-23-2019 at 11:31 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote