View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 02:18 PM   #92
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Some of us choose to buy software to own it. I have Affinity, and Luminar/AuroraHDR, as well as a slew of other apps which when totalled up in terms of cost, *still* don't reach the heady heights of Adobe subscriptions for a year. And I don't need to depend on an external source for storage (though I do use flickr... just not much)
I don't use Adobe's Cloud storage at all myself, either. You don't need to use the Cloud in order to use "Creative Cloud", despite the name.

I understand completely what you mean about buying software rather than renting it, but I'm prepared to make an exception for Adobe because it is such fantastic software. The monthly subs for LR and PS are less than I was previously paying for the annual updates to LR alone, so it's actually saving me money. Lightroom is the one program that I just couldn't manage without. It's the centre of my entire photographic workflow, both in terms of cataloguing my extremely large photo collection and image processing.

Last edited by HarryT; 05-17-2019 at 02:24 PM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote